1. I was raised there from the age of six to 21-years-old before moving out West.
2. The Baltimore Orioles, who’ve made a fairytale comeback this season!
3. Because the city of Baltimore and mostly the entire state of Maryland is surrounded by water—lakes, rivers, marshes, the bay, and the ocean. Consider it a dirtier version of Stockholm, Sweden
4. Black and White poor people co-exist peacefully and have been successfully breeding interracial children before it was cool.
5. The original origin of the “Yo Boy”
6. You call the people you love and hate, “hon”.
7. Because vintage shopping is like stealing beautiful forest green 1950’s suede pumps with leather detailing from an old lady for, like, 5 dollah. And then several years later your puppy will eat only the left shoe.
And the following amazing people who were born or grew up in B-more:
8. Jon Waters
9. Spank Rock
10. David Byrne
12. Mennlay Aggrey
13. Cab Calloway
14. Angela Dawson
15. Ira Glass
16. Nancy Pelosi
17. Edgar Allen Poe
18. Sisqó aka “The Thong Song”
19 Victoria Legrand (Beach House)
20. Because one day I will move back and you can come over anytime for Sazeracs while we watch the entire first season of ‘The Wire’.